Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Book Review: Raven’s Tears By Alesia & Michael Matson

Print Length: 418 pages
Publisher: Metaphor Publications (November 25, 2013)

When I agreed to read and review RAVEN¹S TEARS, the book was described “…as the first book in The Raven & The Iris series; a romance, erotic thriller, fantasy novel, and police procedural tale all rolled into one hell of a read, but most of all, it¹s a story of true love and of the sacrifices love demands.

What I found instead was tedious. If I were a Royal follower or read books about England of Queen Elizabeth era, I would like the flowery language that says more under the surface than overt. Set in the fantasy world of Menelon, everyone presents a formal and prudish image only revealing the true and erotic side in private. I felt like a voyeur. Be warned there is strong, sexual language!

From the beginning, I was disoriented by the time line: “15 Amerian 580, 1500 hours.” Was I reading about a place in England or maybe Denmark or a fantasy location? I couldn’t tell from the description. I needed more information, perhaps a prologue.


No comments:

Post a Comment